Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
A full time position is available at Gateway for a Recovery Specialist located at Abe’s Place on our main campus in Aliquippa. This position is responsible to assist individuals in addiction treatment and /or early recovery to gain access to the resources, services and support that will help them to achieve long term recovery. The work schedule is days/evenings as needed for programming with potential for weekends
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more
- Provides peer support to patients in acute levels of care.
- Provides information and opportunities for recovering individuals to direct their own recovery and advocacy processes.
- Establishes a relationship with patient that displays dignity and respect as reflected in professional language and appropriate boundaries.
- Teaches and supports the acquisition and utilization of skills needed to facilitate recovery.
- Promotes knowledge of and linkage to available services, options, and choices.
- Facilitates the development of a sense of wellness, self-worth, and identification of unique strengths.
- Seeks on-going individual input into services content to address individual needs and goals while supporting and encouraging individual goal planning and internalization of the recovery process.
- Supports ongoing engagement in recommended treatment.
- Documents interactions and progress in patient’s electronic medical record; completes all documentation within required time frame.
- Identifies non-treatment needs and develops plans to meet needs.
- Works closely with Abe’s Place Clinical and Admissions staff to coordinate care.
- Participates in group supervision and individual supervision.
- Participates in Care Coordination department meetings, other department and agency meetings, and internal and/or external trainings to promote performance improvement
A High School diploma/equivalent is required. Understanding and personal experiences with addiction and recovery required. Must have a CRS or meet qualifications to become certified.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!