Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
This position is located at Gateway Rehab’s main campus in Aliquippa, PA (Center Twp). We are currently looking for a PRN, casual as needed Counselor in our Adult Inpatient program that would work with both male and female population. This position requires the ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies. This position would work a combination of day and evening shifts, including potential weekends and holidays. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
- Completes assessments and all related paperwork.
- Completes initial assessments for patients.
- Assists the therapists in the documentation.
- Conducts individual sessions.
- Coordinates treatment in collaboration with the Therapist with referrals, family members, and other Gateway departments.
- Conducts psychoeducational groups and lectures.
- Assists therapist with aftercare planning.
- Intervenes appropriately in crisis situations.
- Conducts searches of patient’s belongings, physical site, and visual searches as needed.
- Obtains urine screens as necessary from patients.
- Meets with family members of patients during family sessions.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Supervises patient recreational activities and AA/NA meetings.
- Orients patient to the treatment program.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies required.
- One year DDAP qualifying experience highly preferred.
- Valid drivers license and favorable driving record.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!
Options to Apply:
Please note, to be considered for employment you must complete a Gateway Application. It is not required when you initially apply, but will help expedite the potential employment process if completed at initial submission. The employment application can be accessed at: https://careers.gatewayrehab.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Employment_Application_Form.pdf
- EMAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with optional completed application to email@example.com
- ONLINE – Apply online using the “Apply Now” link provided on the job listing page and attach your resume, optional cover letter and optional completed application.
- MAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with completed application to: Gateway Rehab, Attn: Recruitment, 311 Rouser Road, Moon Township, PA 15108