Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
Gateway Rehab, located in Aliquippa, PA (Center Twp.) has a full time opening for a Therapist in our Inpatient programming (Abe’s Place) or long term Adult REST Program (Ramsey Hall).
This position requires the ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies. The schedule is a combination of daylight and mid hours, including work on some weekends and holidays. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
$2000.00 Sign on Bonus Available
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- and more!
- Facilitates group and individual therapy.
- Provides psychoeducation to patients and lectures to patient community.
- Conducts family therapy sessions.
- Contacts parties involved in patients’ treatment to gather collateral information and
- documents in patient chart.
- Develops clinical needs lists, treatment plans, and treatment plan updates.
- Facilitates transfer of patients to next level of care in coordination with other Therapists, UR, Admissions, and Accounting.
- Completes biopsychosocials, assessments, evaluative summaries, and mental status exams.
- Documents individual and group sessions and all other case management activity in patient chart.
- Initiates case consults as appropriate and documents in patient chart.
- Plans for continuing care of patient and makes appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates continued stay process through contact with funding sources in conjunction with the Utilization Review Department.
- Develops behavioral contracts appropriate for population treated.
- Conducts suicide assessments when necessary and intervenes appropriately.
- Intervenes appropriately in crisis situations.
- Assesses and appropriately reports patient abuse and neglect.
- Conducts pre-admission evaluations as appropriate.
- Conducts searches and urine screens as necessary
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred: degree must be in field that meets
- Ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies required.
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs staffing regulations.
- Appropriate certification from the Pennsylvania Certification Board required in addition to degree if degree held does not meet Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs staffing regulations.
- Experience in a mental health or drug and alcohol professional setting.
- Knowledge of age specific growth and development.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!