In 1946, Jack Deibel opened one of the nation’s first facilities for the treatment of alcoholism. In 1947, Mr. Deibel turned this pioneering program over to the nonprofit Youngstown Committee on Alcoholism, and its founder and first Executive Director, Neil Kennedy. Operating for years as the Alcoholic Clinic of Youngstown, the center later expanded its focus to include treatment of both alcohol and other drug dependencies, and added new programs and services. In 1999, the Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers became a part of Gateway Rehab.
Currently, a Part Time Care Management Specialist is available at Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers inpatient facility located on Rush Blvd in Youngstown, OH. The schedule would be primarily afternoon/evenings, including weekends and holidays. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
- Assists the clinical team in managing the unit through effective communication, including receiving and reporting pertinent patient information with the clinical team daily.
- May provide case management, if qualified.
- Supervises patient recreational activities and AA/NA meetings.
- Provide crisis intervention and de-escalation, as needed.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements psychoeducational groups and lectures.
- Completes intake and orientation for new patients being admitted.
- Conducts room, vehicle, belongings, and/or person searches as directed.
- Collects urine and completes documentation for drug screening, as needed.
- May drive patients as requested and/or approved by the program Manager or Director.
- Properly documents involvement with patients.
- Actively engage in training to meet, or exceed, the Ohio requirements to be a Care Management Specialist.
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral science preferred, or current enrollment working toward a behavioral science degree preferred. Ability to obtain and pass the BCI clearance check.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.