In 1946, Jack Deibel opened one of the nation’s first facilities for the treatment of alcoholism. In 1947, Mr. Deibel turned this pioneering program over to the nonprofit Youngstown Committee on Alcoholism, and its founder and first Executive Director, Neil Kennedy. Operating for years as the Alcoholic Clinic of Youngstown, the center later expanded its focus to include treatment of both alcohol and other drug dependencies, and added new programs and services. In 1999, the Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers became a part of Gateway Rehab.
Currently, there is a Full Time Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant position available at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Center located on Rush Blvd in Youngstown, OH. The schedule is a combination of day and evening shifts, including weekends and holidays. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- and more!
- Orienting patients,
- Coordinating services and referrals with outside agencies,
- Facilitating groups and educational sessions,
- Preparing patient progress reports and appropriate documentation for patient record,
- Intervening in crises,
- Performing drug screens,
- Transporting patients as needed,
- Supporting the treatment team and other staff as needed.
- CDCA certification required.
- A Bachelor’s in a counseling discipline preferred
- Obtaining BCI background check, NPI and Medicaid numbers is a requirement.
- Two years Chemical Dependency or case management work experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with favorable driving record also required.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!
Options to Apply:
Please note, to be considered for employment you must complete a Gateway Application. It is not required when you initially apply, but will help expedite the potential employment process if completed at initial submission. The employment application can be accessed at: https://careers.gatewayrehab.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Employment_Application_Form.pdf
- EMAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with optional completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ONLINE – Apply online using the “Apply Now” link provided on the job listing page and attach your resume, optional cover letter and optional completed application.
- MAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with completed application to: Gateway Rehab, Attn: Recruitment, 311 Rouser Road, Moon Township, PA 15108