Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
Gateway Rehab a part time Clinical Informatics Assistant position is available, based remotely with going on site to specific locations within Gateway/NKRC system as needed. This position will primarily work daylight, 24 hours a week with days ranging during the weekdays (M-F).
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Is responsible for maintenance, updates, and ongoing change documentation for the Electronic Medical Record: Site Monitoring & Security Monitoring
- Monitors the effort to standardize EMR related internal processes and procedures across Gateway
- Manages projects related to improving Gateway’s utilization of the EMR software including development of resources for staff
- Coordinates with the Data Governance Committee regarding Data Definitions & Data Integrity Issues as well as changes to Service Types, Forms & Policies
- Coordinates all Clinical Electronic Data Interchange activities including State Reporting.
- Participates in all activities of the EMR Leadership Group for ongoing implementation and development of clinical documentation processes for use of the EMR Software
- Coordinates with the Clinical Informatics Manager on: Form Development, Employee Training & Education & Payer Audits and ongoing monitoring of quality improvement plans
- Responsible to maintain the EHR inbox including timely/accurate responses for issues referred by EMR Users
- Monitors timeliness and effectiveness of the EMR Vendor response to Service Task Tickets
- Monitors monthly EMR Vendor Invoices for accuracy
- Attends Gateway and Neil Kennedy’s User groups
- Reviews and distributes communications from the EMR vendor including all release notes
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or related field with experience preferred. Experience working with electronic medical record software products, Credible Behavioral Health experience preferred.
Experience working with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 security regulations. Computer literacy required for Microsoft Office Products (Word and PowerPoint) including advanced knowledge of Excel. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- and more!
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!