Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
There is a full time Counselor Assistant position available at Gateway Westmoreland located at Gateway Rehab’s 32-bed inpatient (detox & rehab) facility in Frick Hospital, Mt. Pleasant, PA. This position requires the ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies. The schedule will be various days, including weekends and holidays, primarily evening hours according to program needs. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
$1,000.00 Sign on Bonus Available
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Completes assessments and all related paperwork.
- Completes initial assessments for patients.
- Assists the therapists in the documentation.
- Conducts individual sessions.
- Coordinates treatment in collaboration with the Therapist with referrals, family members, and other Gateway departments.
- Assists therapist with aftercare planning.
- Intervenes appropriately in crisis situations.
- Conducts searches of patient’s belongings, physical site, and visual searches as needed.
- Obtains urine screens as necessary from patients.
- Meets with family members of patients during family sessions.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Supervises patient recreational activities and AA/NA meetings.
- Orients patient to the treatment program.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies required.
- One year DDAP qualifying experience highly preferred.
- Valid drivers license and favorable driving record.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!