Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
There is a full time Counselor Assistant position available at Gateway Westmoreland located at Gateway Rehab’s 32-bed inpatient (detox & rehab) facility in Frick Hospital, Mt. Pleasant, PA. This position requires the ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies. The schedule will be a combination of evening/overnights, including weekends and holidays.
$2,000.00 Sign on Bonus Available
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Completes assessments and all related paperwork.
- Completes initial assessments for patients.
- Assists the therapists in the documentation.
- Conducts individual sessions.
- Coordinates treatment in collaboration with the Therapist with referrals, family members, and other Gateway departments.
- Assists therapist with aftercare planning.
- Intervenes appropriately in crisis situations.
- Conducts searches of patient’s belongings, physical site, and visual searches as needed.
- Obtains urine screens as necessary from patients.
- Meets with family members of patients during family sessions.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Supervises patient recreational activities and AA/NA meetings.
- Orients patient to the treatment program.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies required.
- One year DDAP qualifying experience highly preferred.
- Valid drivers license and favorable driving record.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!