Become part of a meaningful workplace, where we see live change daily!
We are currently looking for a Counselor Tech for our Moffett Halfway House location. The schedule will be varying hours.
Job Summary: This position coordinates and implements evening/weekend Halfway House programming
- Meets with day staff to coordinate and implement evening/weekend programming.
- Orients new patients and supervises patients’ activities.
- Drives patients to AA/NA meetings and to recreation activities.
- Responds to crisis situations.
- Communicates patient information to treatment staff.
- Maintains rotation list for YMCA attendance.
- Documents patients’ medication sheets.
- Maintains patients’ 12 step contact sheets.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of 12-step recovery programs.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Valid driver’s license and favorable driving record
- This position requires mandatory staffing coverage when necessary to provide a safe treatment environment for Gateway residents.
- Required to remain awake and alert while on duty.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!