Become a part of a meaningful workplace, where we change lives daily!
We are currently looking for an Overnight counselor for our campus in Westmoreland.
Job Summary: This position assists the Therapists in completion of required patient chart documentation, implementation of treatment plan, interventions, clinical case management, and treatment programming for the Gateway Westmoreland Treatment Program.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Above Regional Market Start rate
- Very Generous PTO Available Immediately
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more
- Completes assessments and all related paperwork.
- Completes initial assessments for patients.
- Assists the therapists in the documentation including, record of service, PCPC, ASAM, LOCUS/Interqual, treatment plans, assignment review and discharge forms.
- Conducts individual sessions.
- Facilitates transfer of patients to next level of care in coordination with Therapist, UR, Admissions and Accounting.
- Coordinates treatment in collaboration with the Therapist with referrals, family members, and other Gateway departments.
- Conducts psychoeducational groups and lectures.
- Assists therapist with aftercare planning.
- Intervenes appropriately in crisis situations.
- Conducts searches of patient’s belongings, physical site, and visual searches as needed.
- Obtains urine screens as necessary from patients.
- Conducts suicide assessments when necessary and intervenes appropriately.
- Meets with family members of patients during family sessions.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Supervises patient recreational activities and AA/NA meetings.
- Orients patient to the treatment program.
- Manages the patient milieu.
- Answers phones and transfers caller to appropriate staff person and responds to requests for information.
- Processes patient admissions as needed.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree must be in field that meets PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs staffing regulation.
Appropriate certification from the Pennsylvania Certification Board required in addition to bachelor’s degree if degree held does not meet Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs staffing regulations
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!