Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
This position is located at Gateway Rehab’s 32-bed inpatient (detox & rehab) facility in Frick Hospital, Mt. Pleasant, PA. We are currently looking for a coverage Counselor Assistant. This position would work mainly evening hours (3pm-11pm), including weekends and holidays. There is flexibility in the scheduling where you can work 2-5 days a week based on your availability. This position is perfect for Bachelor level students looking to gain experience in the clinical field while working on their masters. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
- Completes assessments and all related paperwork.a
- Completes initial assessments for patients.
- Assists the therapists in the documentation.
- Conducts individual sessions.
- Coordinates treatment in collaboration with the Therapist with referrals, family members, and other Gateway departments.
- Assists therapist with aftercare planning.
- Intervenes appropriately in crisis situations.
- Conducts searches of patient’s belongings, physical site, and visual searches as needed.
- Obtains urine screens as necessary from patients.
- Meets with family members of patients during family sessions.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Supervises patient recreational activities and AA/NA meetings.
- Orients patient to the treatment program.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One year DDAP qualifying experience highly preferred.
- Valid drivers license and favorable driving record.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!
Options to Apply:
Please note, to be considered for employment you must complete a Gateway Application. It is not required when you initially apply, but will help expedite the potential employment process if completed at initial submission. The employment application can be accessed at: https://careers.gatewayrehab.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Employment_Application_Form.pdf
- EMAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with optional completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ONLINE – Apply online using the “Apply Now” link provided on the job listing page and attach your resume, optional cover letter and optional completed application.
- MAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with completed application to: Gateway Rehab, Attn: Recruitment, 311 Rouser Road, Moon Township, PA 15108