Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
Gateway Rehab, has a casual, as needed Coverage Therapist position available at our Squirrel Hill, PA Outpatient facility. This position requires the ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies. This position will work a variety of shifts, primarily evening, offering support and coverage to our full time clinical team. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
- Facilitates group and individual therapy
- Provides psychoeducation to patients and lectures to patient community.
- Conducts family therapy sessions.
- Contacts parties involved in patients’ treatment to gather collateral information and documents in patient chart in a timely manner.
- Develops treatment plans, treatment plan updates, and behavior contracts.
- Completes biopsychosocials, assessments, mental status exams, and all other patient paperwork.
- Documents individual and group sessions and all other case management activity in patient chart.
- Initiates case consults as appropriate and documents in patient chart.
- Establishes and maintains contact and relationships with referral sources related to patient caseload.
- Plans for continuing care of patient and makes appropriate referrals.
- Monitors and completes initial and continuing stay insurance authorizations.
- Conducts suicide assessments when necessary and intervenes appropriately.
- Intervenes appropriately in crisis situations.
- Assesses and appropriately reports patient abuse and neglect.
- Delivers presentations to community groups and completes other outreach activities as needed.
- Supports collection of patient liability.
- Achieves and maintains expected productivity on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in regular supervision with the manager and seeks out additional supervision as needed.
- Follows all Gateway policies and procedures.
- Provides coverage for other programs as needed.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred: degree must be in field that meets Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs staffing regulations.
- Ability to complete and obtain certification/licensure in an appropriate timeframe as per regulatory bodies required.
- The ability to pass appropriate clearances: PA Criminal, FBI and Childline
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today