Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Custody Control Coordinator in our Corrections program located in Erie, PA. This position would work a combination of day and evening shifts, including potential weekends and holidays). Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on program needs.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Reviews, analyzes, records, and files daily custody control reports.
- Ensures that monitors follow all policies and procedures related to their job description.
- Completes daily walk through inspections of the facility and all resident areas to assure compliance with housekeeping, maintenance and fire/safety standards.
- Schedules custody control event reports including urine tests, searches, fire drills, etc.
- Completes weekly reviews via inspection reports, cites deficiencies, and directs custody control staff to correct deficiencies.
- Prepares the weekly work schedules for monitor.
- Directly supervises monitors as the facility supervisor on assigned shifts.
- Trains new monitor staff and provides ongoing training for current staff.
- Conducts meetings with monitor staff a minimum of once a month and more often as needed.
- Completes required documentation for the Department of Corrections and other referral sources.
- Reviews monitor ADP entries for accuracy.
- Conducts unannounced visits/walk-throughs to monitor the operation/performance of the facility.
- Completes staff performance evaluations and annual training plans in a timely manner for supervisees.
- Intervenes and documents appropriately when an employee demonstrates poor work performance.
- Assists Program Director with compliance of the regulatory body standards (i.e. ACA, PREA) and regulations as related to the custody control.
- Reviews the Policy/Procedure Manual as it relates to Custody Control, and recommends revisions.
- Provides coverage for the monitor position as needed.
- Works with the support staff on special projects related to program operations as needed.
- Schedules transports for residents & transports as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Post high school education preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior supervisory experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Computer literacy required.
- Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must pass Pennsylvania Department of Corrections clean check.
- Valid driver’s license and favorable driving record.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change. Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required. Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!