Become part of a meaningful workplace, where we see live change daily!
We are currently looking for a Full Time Intake Nurse Coordinator for our Greenbriar location in Washington, PA
General Summary: The Intake Nurse Coordinator manages all nursing activities associated with the admission of prospective patients to the detox or rehab level of care. The Intake Nurse Coordinator remains active in the nursing department and assists when able in direct patient care delivery.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Above Regional Market Start rate
- Very Generous PTO Available Immediately
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more
- Implements assessment and nursing care in accordance with program procedures established by the Medical Director and Director of Nursing.
- Effectively contributes to the throughput efficiency of the facility and executes decisive and timely assessments and dispositions.
- Oversees all aspects of the detox and rehab patient admission process, including:
- Pre-screening of new patients for appropriateness for admission
- Obtains physical assessment data and health history
- Executes medical interventions, including transcribing and administering routine and prescribed medications in accordance with procedures established by the Medical Director and Director of Nursing.
- Records patient observations and activities in patient records accurately and timely in accordance with nursing standards and organizational policy and procedure.
- Provides screening for TB and contagious disease
- Provides screening for acute medical complaints, e.g., intoxication, abscesses, change in mental status, etc., making referrals to Beaver/Sewickley Emergency Department when necessary.
- Communicates with physicians, mid-level practitioners, nurses, clinical specialists, intake staff, and pharmacists.
- Completes admission medication reconciliation.
- Actively and compassionately interacts with patients to encourage engagement in treatment.
- Provides patient education on health care, detox protocols, infection prevention measures and fall prevention measures.
- Follows all policies and procedures with regard to patient information protection, including alcohol-drug patient confidentiality (42 CFR).
- Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable clinical procedures and nursing care.
- RN licensed in the state of Pennsylvania
- BLS certified
- Three years of acute care experience
- Preferred experience working in an inpatient psychiatric or detox setting
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!