Become a part of a meaningful workplace, where we change lives daily!
We are currently looing for Full Time LPN for our Greenbriar facility in Waynesburg, PA
Sign on Bonus eligible
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Above Regional Market Start rate
- Very Generous PTO Available Immediately
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; current state licensure as a professional registered nurse. Two years’ experience in nursing field preferred. Must be skilled and physically able to perform necessary medical interventions when needed. Must demonstrate the good judgement, decision making and leadership skills necessary to take responsibility for nursing-related patient care If recovering from a substance dependence, a minimum of two years of continuous sobriety post treatment and involvement in support systems designed to preserve recovery required.
- Attend to patient needs and treat patients with compassion and respect.
- Assure that patients are treated according to ethical standards, and that their confidentiality is protected according to state and federal regulations.
- Recognize and accept leadership role when needed. For example, the RN is responsible for leadership of facility when other licensed professionals are not present (typically evenings, nights, weekends and holidays).
- Provide appropriate, clinically detailed nursing/medical assessments, interpret findings and develop appropriate nursing care plans.
- Perform duties outlined in the nursing admission process including but not limited to: bio-medical history/nursing assessment, nursing treatment plan, patient orientation and education, verifying results of UDS and pregnancy test as indicated.
- Assure appropriate level of care placement for patients based upon their substance use, medical and mental health concerns.
- Performs detailed detox evaluations as ordered by medical doctor/CRNP.
- Administer and document administration of medication.
- Assist patients with medical needs and identify when a patient may need more medical attention than can be provided in this setting.
- Assure that all required nursing documentation is completed according to program and licensing requirements.
- Order medication when indicated and in a timely manner.
- Monitor patients’ medical/nursing problems and documents on treatment plan, or progress notes as indicated.
- Assist Medical Director/associates with implementation of medical orders.
- Transcribe written and verbal orders (other than buprenorphine) from the attending physician.
- Enter a minimum of one detox status evaluation in Progress Notes per shift.
- Follow established administration of medication protocols.
- Adhere to established patient care rules/procedures.
- Assures patient safety and follows established protocols during a drill or actual emergency.
- Perform shift report and controlled medication count at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Interacts with patients to educate, stabilize & reinforce treatment plans in cooperation with therapy staff.
- Assist admissions staff with medically clearing intakes when asked.
- Works cooperatively with Treatment Tech Supervisor to assure effective communication and resolution of patient or staff problems while on shift.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete the paperwork required for after-hours admissions and coordinate patient admission with admissions and business office staff as well as the referral source and funding source.
- Complete required program and licensing training/continuing education requirements.
- Administer annual flu injections to Greenbriar staff members as required.
- Attend staff meetings and department meetings as directed.
- Participate actively in CQI teams, as requested.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!