Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research. Currently, we are in search of Full Time Maintenance Technician to continue our mission and vision.
This position is located at Gateway Rehab’s Community Transition Center located in Braddock, PA. This facility is a men’s work release program allowing individuals to transition with support and guidance. These positions is perfect for individual’s who are in the criminal justice or security field. This position is full time, mainly daylight, with a couple evenings and weekends.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- and more!
- Responsible for preventive maintenance for facility, including lighting, painting, HVAC repair, and plumbing.
- Paints areas of the building.
- Completes preventive maintenance and repairs of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Performs electrical wiring.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and parts manuals.
- Repairs and inspects boilers, pumps, and valves.
- Maintains log of residents assigned to facility clean-up details.
- Inspects and reports on status of resident clean-up details.
- Maintains vehicle records/maintenance.
- Acts as Safety Officer for the building.
- Shovels snow and maintains the lawn seasonally.
- Completes preventive maintenance record keeping monthly.
- Washes walls.
- Mops floors and cleans rugs.
- Drives GRC vehicles as necessary.
Environmental, Physical and Mental Demands:
- Working conditions include exposure to noise and inclement weather.
- Significant physical demands include the lifting of 50 pounds or more using body mechanics safety techniques.
- Mental demands include quick decisions and responses in emergencies and adherence to a schedule which is frequently interrupted.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required; trade school preferred.
- 3-5 years building maintenance experience required.
- Ability to safely and effectively maintain and operate boiler equipment, tractors, lawn mowers, snow throwers, and hand tools.
- Ability to pass appropriate background clearances including: PA Criminal Background Check and PA Department of Corrections Check.
- Must have a valid drivers license with favorable driving record.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!