Come Work at Gateway Rehab, where you choose “The Shift” to meet your Lifestyle needs.
We are currently looking for a Medical Records Specialist form our Greenbriar location in Washington, PA. The schedule is very flexible.
Job Summary: This position analyzes medical records for regulatory compliance and processes correspondence and employer, insurance and government forms for patient . Also, compiles and maintains medical records in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Above Regional Market Start rate
- Very Generous PTO Available Immediately
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Protects the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Analyzes records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Maintains a system to track incomplete medical records and conducts follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Responds to requests for information to individuals and agencies according to regulations.
- Prepares correspondence to health care providers upon consent from the patient.
- Processes and prepares employer, insurance and government forms (i.e., DPW Applications, LOA, Short-Term Disability and FMLA forms) and conducts follow-up.
- Assists in the training of Medical Records Specialist functions.
- Provides coverage for the building Receptionist on an as needed basis.
- Prepares invoices for the release of records when applicable.
- Assists with miscellaneous Medical Record Departmental tasks as assigned.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; posts high school education preferred.
- Previous Medical Record and /or Business Office experience required.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a team member required.
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively required.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!