Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
We currently are looking for a full time Medical Records Specialist for our Medical Records department located in Aliquippa, PA (Center Twp). The work schedule is a primarily day M-F. Please note, the schedule is subject to change dependent on department needs.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Conducts quality and compliance audits ensuring medical records are complete, accurate and compliant
- Follows-up on all incomplete, inaccurate and noncompliant findings
- Conducts compliance audits.
- Responds to external and internal requests for medical records and information according to procedure.
- Processes admission/discharge documents and medical transcribed reports.
- Prepares and processes patient applications for Medical Assistance, FMLA and Short Term Disability, etc., and conducts follow-up.
- Prepares patient charts for transfer to other Gateway locations.
- Prepares correspondence letters.
- Processes discharged patient charts.
High school diploma/equivalent and ability to lift up to 40 lbs. required. Computer proficiency, effective communication and organization skills, and ability for high attention to detail required. RHIT or 2 years Medical Records experience preferred.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!
Options to Apply:
Please note, to be considered for employment you must complete a Gateway Application. It is not required when you initially apply, but will help expedite the potential employment process if completed at initial submission. The employment application can be accessed at: https://careers.gatewayrehab.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Employment_Application_Form.pdf
- EMAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with optional completed application to email@example.com
- ONLINE – Apply online using the “Apply Now” link provided on the job listing page and attach your resume, optional cover letter and optional completed application.
- MAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with completed application to: Gateway Rehab, Attn: Recruitment, 311 Rouser Road, Moon Township, PA 15108