Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
Gateway Rehab has a Part-Time Patient Access Specialist position available for our Greensburg outpatient program. The work schedule will be Monday-Friday daylight shifts.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Processes patient evaluations, admissions, and discharges in electronic and paper medical records.
- Delegates work assignments to administrative assistants (if applicable).
- Completes word processing, data entry, and filing duties.
- Trains new administrative staff in office procedure and electronic medical record use.
- Monitors patient liability and payment rate, including tracking patient liability, reminding patients, and referring nonpaying patients to site manager. Also, accepts patient liability payments and makes bank deposits.
- Coordinates and processes patient drug screening.
- Acts as site receptionist, including greeting patients and answering phones.
- Audits patient paper and electronic charts, including admissions and discharges.
- Supports operations of doctor/nurse day, including authorizations for patient medication.
- Manages petty cash, if applicable.
- Orders supplies needed for office operations.
- Ensures office equipment is functional.
- Generates and responds to correspondence.
- Attends site and operations meetings as needed.
- Performs related duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Post high school, business or professional school graduate preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Solid computer proficiency and experience required.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.