Become part of a meaningful workplace, where we see live change daily!
Job Summary: This position provides administrative and operational support to outpatient satellite site programming
Gateway Rehab has a Part-Time Patient Access Specialist position available for our North Hills outpatient program. The work schedule will be Monday-Friday daylight shifts.
Pay is $15-$17 depending upon experience
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Above Regional Market Start rate
- Very Generous PTO Available Immediately
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Processes patient evaluations, admissions, and discharges in electronic and paper medical records.
- Completes word processing, data entry, and filing duties.
- Trains new administrative staff in office procedure and electronic medical record use.
- Monitors patient liability and payment rate, including tracking patient liability, reminding patients, and referring nonpaying patients to site manager. Also, accepts patient liability payments and makes bank deposits.
- Coordinates and processes patient drug screening.
- Acts as site receptionist, including greeting patients and answering phones.
- Audits patient paper and electronic charts, including admissions and discharges.
- Supports operations of doctor/nurse day, including scheduling appointments, authorization and ordering of patient medication, and communication with pharmacies.
- Manages petty cash.
- Orders supplies needed for office operations.
- Ensures office equipment is functional and take responsibility for smooth functioning of office.
- Generates and responds to correspondence.
- Supports site medical records, including maintaining hybrid record and finalizing patient record after discharge.
- Attends site and operations meetings as needed.
- Performs related duties as needed.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Post high school, business or professional school graduate preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Solid computer proficiency and experience required.
- PA State Police Criminal History Record check, FBI Criminal Background and PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!