In 1946, Jack Deibel opened one of the nation’s first facilities for the treatment of alcoholism. In 1947, Mr. Deibel turned this pioneering program over to the nonprofit Youngstown Committee on Alcoholism, and its founder and first Executive Director, Neil Kennedy. Operating for years as the Alcoholic Clinic of Youngstown, the center later expanded its focus to include treatment of both alcohol and other drug dependencies, and added new programs and services. In 1999, the Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers became a part of Gateway Rehab.
Currently, there is a Full Time Prevention Specialist position available at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Center located on Rush Blvd in Youngstown, OH. This position serves as a Coordinator of Prevention Services, acts as a training consultant and provides direct prevention services.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Consults with customers for training services and designs and delivers those services.
- Markets prevention related trainings.
- Provides direct prevention service.
- Delivers the parenting program to clients of NKRC.
- Assists in local awareness activities.
- Provides speaking engagements as needed.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, health education or related field required, a Master’s
- Five years of prevention experience required.
- Group and individual facilitation skills required.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!
Options to Apply:
Please note, to be considered for employment you must complete a Gateway Application. It is not required when you initially apply, but will help expedite the potential employment process if completed at initial submission. The employment application can be accessed at: https://careers.gatewayrehab.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Employment_Application_Form.pdf
- EMAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with optional completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ONLINE – Apply online using the “Apply Now” link provided on the job listing page and attach your resume, optional cover letter and optional completed application.
- MAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are