Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
We are currently looking for a Recovery Specialist in a hospital based setting.
This position is responsible to provide support and assistance to patients in a hospital setting with identified SUD to gain access to the resources, services and support that will help them to achieve long term recovery.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
- Provides support to hospital patients with identified SUD.
- Facilitates warm hand-offs and referrals from the hospital to appropriate providers.
- Provides information and opportunities for recovering individuals to direct their own recovery and advocacy processes.
- Provides education and support to hospital staff related to addiction and recovery.
- Establishes a relationship with patient that displays dignity and respect as reflected in professional language and appropriate boundaries.
- Teaches and supports the acquisition and utilization of skills needed to facilitate recovery.
- Promotes knowledge of and linkage to available services, options, and choices.
- Promotes the utilization of natural resources within the community, other agencies, and services systems. Arranges referrals to other agencies, community programs, and other resources to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Facilitates the development of a sense of wellness, self-worth, and identification of unique strengths.
- Seeks on-going individual input into services content to address individual needs and goals while supporting and encouraging individual goal planning and internalization of the recovery process.
- Documents interactions and progress in patient’s electronic medical record; completes all documentation within required time frame.
- Participates in group supervision and individual supervision.
Environmental, Physical and Mental Demands:
- Working conditions include work in agency and community settings with occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
- Minimal physical demands
- Mental demands include those associated with working with consumers in treatment and /or early recovery.
Qualifying Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Certified Recovery Specialist certification preferred; eligibility to be certified required
- Understanding of and/or personal experiences with addiction and recovery required.
- Must be able to pass PA Criminal, FBI, and Childline Clearances
- Valid Driver’s License and favorable driving record.
- Understanding of culture diversity required.