Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
A full time position is available at Gateway Aliquippa for a Therapeutic Activities Facilitator for Ramsey Hall/Inpatient programing. This position is responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating patient therapeutic recreation. The work schedule for this position is days and weekends.
- Develops, coordinates and implements therapeutic and recreational activities programming, both onsite at Gateway’s main campus and at off site locations as needed.
- Supervises patient recreational activities; and if not personally on site, assures that all activities are properly supervised by a staff person.
- Acts as a member of the treatment teams to provide support for therapists and counselors by engaging patients in therapeutic activities that support their treatment goals.
- Implements evidence-based practices utilized in Gateway’s continuum of services in therapeutic recreational activities.
- Assures the safety of patients including monitoring patient activity and crisis intervention.
- Schedule and organize program events to support therapeutic activities within the community.
- Document recovery activity groups in Credible as required by DDAP standards.
- Transports patients to off-site activities and events as scheduled.
- Work as part of the treatment teams to support to staff as needed to facilitate daily schedules.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
High school diploma/equivalent and valid driver’s license with favorable record required. Experience working with chemically dependent persons, experience conducting therapeutic activities with music and musical instruments, knowledge of twelve step programs and recovery principles, and post-high school education preferred.
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!
Options to Apply:
Please note, to be considered for employment you must complete a Gateway Application. It is not required when you initially apply, but will help expedite the potential employment process if completed at initial submission. The employment application can be accessed at: https://careers.gatewayrehab.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Employment_Application_Form.pdf
- EMAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with optional completed application to email@example.com
- ONLINE – Apply online using the “Apply Now” link provided on the job listing page and attach your resume, optional cover letter and optional completed application.
- MAIL – Send updated resume and letter of interest indicating what position(s) and location(s) you are interested in, along with completed application to: Gateway Rehab, Attn: Recruitment, 311 Rouser Road, Moon Township, PA 15108