We are currently looking for a full time therapist for are light house for men halfway house.
Sign on bonus eligible
Benefits for Qualified Positions Include:
- Above Regional Market Start rate
- Flexible schedule
- Very Generous PTO Available Immediately
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching and more!
Master’s degree in related fields of health care, counseling, social work, psychology or bachelor’s degree and three years experience counseling in the social/human services; or previous employment at Greenbriar and achievement of qualifications for counselor status as defined per state requirements. Experience providing chemical dependency treatment. Certification as an addictions counselor or willingness to obtain certification. If recovering from substance dependence, a minimum of two years of continuous sobriety and involvement in support systems designed to preserve recovery
- Screening, Intake, Assessment:
- Displays ability to determine whether or not a client’s situation is appropriate for the particulars of a specific program.
- Provides appropriate assessments and clinical services as per program requirements.
Tools Used to Evaluate Competency: Initial evaluation of client/Diagnostic Summary
- Treatment Planning:
- Displays ability to create an individual treatment plan through assessment of needs and the client’s ability to understand and comply.
- Participates with the clinical team and other departments in discussing, forming and implementing plans for assigned patients
Tools Used to Evaluate Competency: MTP/Treatment Plan Updates; Staff observation/input
- Counseling, Education, Crisis Intervention:
- Displays the ability to offer the client individual and group educational sessions that will insure that the client will progress throughout treatment.
- Is able to guide the client through obstacles that may occur throughout the treatment experience: including, but not limited to, trauma history, domestic violence, thoughts of self-harm, arrest, relapse, non-compliance with medications or other interruptions.
- Conducts specialized groups therapy sessions as assigned
- Conducts individual counseling sessions with patients and significant others per program requirements.
Tools Used to Evaluate Competency: Treatment Plan Reviews, direct observation by supervisor
- Referral. Reports, Record Keeping:
- Displays the ability to enter documentation into the client record within the timeframes set for the by the organization.
- Maintains ongoing case consultation as needed on assigned patients.
- Dates and times entries with a legible signature.
- Works with support staff to make appropriate referrals for ongoing treatment and provides necessary documentation to accompany the referral.
- Oversees continuing care planning for assigned patients. Secures continuing care appointments for all assigned patients as needed
Tools Used to Evaluate Competency: Chart reviews
- Consultations/Interactions with other Professionals
- Displays the ability to effectively communicate with team members who also provide services for the client. Treats team members with respect.
- Works cooperatively with Utilization Review by providing up-to-date, quality reports that justify appropriate lengths of stay.
- Participates in the treatment of dually-diagnosed clients under the direction of Psychiatrist and clinical Director and in consultation with other program staff.
- Participates, as scheduled, in team meetings, program meetings and training sessions
- Maintains contact as indicated with referral sources and concerned others
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned
Tools Used to Evaluate Competency: Observation/Feedback from peers.