Founded in 1972, Gateway Rehab has become a leader in drug & alcohol treatment in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to help all affected by addictive diseases to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. We strive to provide effective long-term treatment for addictive disease by offering a continuum of clinical practices, recovery support, education and research.
We are currently looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to fulfill the role of Vice President Corporate Services and Strategic Planning. This position serves the whole organization, but is based at our main campus in Aliquippa, PA. The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop and execute corporate strategic planning, provide leadership in implementation of technology planning, direct corporate compliance, medical records, utilization review, evaluation services, clinical informatics and special projects. Additionally, this position manages employee assistance services, admissions services, and evaluation services.
Essential Functions: Operations Management
- Oversees activities of strategic business units and functional groups in operations, which will include, evaluations, utilization review, employee assistance, and strategic planning.
- Builds and leads an effective and cohesive operations management team, comprised of directors and managers.
- Designs and implements a system for tracking and reporting corporate and strategic business unit performance. Systems will report against established plans and budgets.
- Monitors divisional and business unit performance. Reports status to Chief Executive Officer on a regular basis.
- Analyzes operational performance and assists business unit leaders with implementing corrective actions to meet business unit objectives.
- Monitors monthly and other financial statements. Implements corrective actions as necessary to ensure that operations and related units meet performance expectations.
- Oversees the development and implementation of operational systems that assist Gateway and NKRC in ability to grow and deliver services more efficiently.
- Ensures that operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood, but also owned by the operations management team and employees.
- Acts as a change agent for critical operational modifications by utilizing tactical information to ensure prudent corporate performance management.
- Maintains planning tools, including, but not limited to, task lists, planning boards, planning work groups, progress analysis, etc.
Essential Functions: Strategic and Tactical Planning
- In collaboration with the executive management and the Board of Directors, establishes and maintains the strategic planning process, ensuring that the framework and process focuses on strengthening Gateway’s mission.
- Establishes prioritized operational objectives that will allow Gateway to achieve corporate strategic initiatives.
- Oversees and coordinates planning activities and functional work groups to assure integration and consistency with the operational objectives and corporate strategic initiatives.
- Implements and monitors program to ensure attainment of business plans for growth and financial support for the mission.
- Assists the President/Chief Executive Officer in evaluating potential new business lines and the future profitability of such endeavors.
Essential Functions: Senior Management/Additional Duties
- Assumes responsibility for the short-term and long-term success of the organization as a member of the Executive Management Planning Committee (EMPC).
- Works cohesively with other executive team to serve the best interests of Gateway.
- Serves as a mentor and example for employees and associates.
- Special projects as assigned to this position, including customer relations interface designed to deal with special circumstances related to this position.
- Attends mandatory GRC in-services and trainings.
Qualifying Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Masters of Business Administration or Masters of Public Health required.
- Five years of management experience required.
- Experience in the field of behavioral services, including managed care, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Understanding of financial statements, including P&L required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Compliance with all applicable licensing/accreditation bodies required.
Gateway Rehab proudly offers competitive wages and benefit packages, along with career advancement opportunities. Join us today!